Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a weekend

It all started on Thursday evening, when I had my tooth extracted. Hopelessly under sedation our doorbell started ringing ferociously in the night at 11.30. This made me also get out of the bed to see who it was. My sister had planned to surprise us by landing in Bombay a day before our fathers 60th birthday on Friday. We had planned for the party on Saturday.

On saturday, my family members received one more surprise in the party in form of live gazals……and so did the attendees. Nobody except myself and my brother in law knew about this plan. One of my cousins had gone to the extent of informing people that they were sure to get bored in the evening. But then the live gazals…set the mood and the party was rocking.

Sunday again was a bit of rest for us….but for me personally Monday was fun with my sister. She wanted to see the sea link. Morning we moved out at 7.30, and after seeing the sea link we came to our office. After setting up the work for the day we moved out again, now it was time to pay our childhood areas a visit. It started off with stopping at Ashok wada pav at prabhadevi, then a visit to our old building, reliving the memories. Called up a few friends from there, and though it was not possible to meet them, it was fun remembering the good ole days. We even went to the extent of clicking photographs of a crematorium behind our old house. For me and my sister it was full on fun. From there we went to a temple in Shivaji Park maidan, and then back home, since she had to catch a flight back home. In between this we stood at many places which hold a lot of memories for us. My extended weekend has ended today, here in the office, with me feeling totally out of place and wondering from where to begin work from:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment