Friday, August 9, 2013

All aboard the Chennai Express

Ok…lets be frank…when the promos released and I saw the heavy south indian accent by Deepika Padukone…I said to myself this is one movie I am not going to see.

But my daughter is a huge fan of both Deepika and SRK ever since Om Shanti Om, my wifey is a fan of SRK…and I knew I will have to see the movie. Then came the songs One two three four…and Titli…did not like the first…found the second so so….again made me not want to see the movie.

Then came Lungi Dance….now this was something I enjoyed….yes I did!! At last found something … a reason to see the movie…to get a chance to see Lungi Dance on the big screen.

So with not much expectations entered the theatre on the first day of the movie…and thus started a train ride which made me laugh and smile throughout. Deepika’s heavy south indian accent suddenly was the high point of the movie….and SRK…he was all of a sudden acting…and not hamming in the movie… kudos to the Rohit Shetty….because here was a brilliant performance by SRK …without his usual persona or ticks….SRK’s comic timing was brilliant in the first half and even though you could predict most of the picture, you still laughed at all the jokes.

Second half is something I believe where the director gave in to the Super Star called SRK….SRK with his mannerisms…his dialogue delivery….his ticks…was back…but….no complaints….

Overall enjoyed the movie…and frankly isnt that why you go to movies…to enjoy those two to three hours…all in all …I am glad I boarded the Chennai Express….

No comments:

Post a Comment