Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Do I hate luv stories??

Actually I hate luv stories with sad endings. Our literature, is full of luv stories with sad and tragic endings. Many Hollywood and Bollywood movies converted these stories into movies. Frankly, I dont see such movies. I hated Ek Duje Ke liye, or even Sadma. As a matter of fact I didnt like seeing Kamal Hassan cry in Saagar, his expression said it all in the song “Sach Mere Yaar hai” particularly at the point when he says “Apni to haar hai”. I was given rave reviews about Tere Naam, but when I came to know of the tragic ending….sorry mate… dont want to see it…..

I have my favourite Bollywood love stories, and surprisingly a few didn't click on the box office. So what. I liked them and still see them if i get a chance. Just thought of sharing a few of my favourite bollywood luv stories….

1. Lamhe : The movie was way way ahead of its time. The general public were not able to absorb the fact that a young boy could fall in a love with a girl double his age, or a young girl falling for a person who could have been her fathers age. Hats off to both Sridevi and Anil Kapoor for carrying out the roles of adolescence as well as that of mature age. Sadly the movie bombed at the box office, but nevertheless, one of my all time favs.

2. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai : This was certainly the best movie from the SRK, Karan Johar and Kajol combine.

3. Jab We Met : Refreshing, something different. The only Kareena Kapoor movie I have ever liked in my life till date

4. Dilwale Dulhaniyan Le Jayenge : Epic of our generation. Actually this was the first combination of SRK and Kajol which set the screen on cupid fire. It also changed the normal eloping strategy of many lovers.

5.  Maine Pyaar Kiya : The movie which launched Salman Khan, the movie where every prospective mother-in-law wanted a bahu like Bhagyashree, and every prospective daughter in law wanted a mother in law like Reema Lagu.

6. Jane Tu Ya Jane Na : Like Jab We Met, found it very refreshing, young…..It was a perfect story of totals confused youngsters.

6. Chalte Chalte : It moved ahead of the luv stories. It started from where the luv stories ended. It moved into the world of marriages…. Sadly, this was one of those movies which didnt click on box office…

No comments:

Post a Comment