Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Always amazed with technology

I always get jitters travelling anywhere, without knowing the directions, and particularly when I am traveling alone.
In the past, I have traversed across Goa on a motorbike with my wifey.  It was our very first visit over there. We had purchased road maps and travelled accordingly, but still, there were times when we did have to stop and ask for directions, there were times when we actually went on the wrong route.
Yesterday I travelled for nearly 200 kms just with the aid of GPS on my mobile. It kept on giving me precise junctions for turning, and for the first time i reached a place without stopping and asking anybody for directions. Amazing thing this GPS. Though I am not sure if it did give me the best possible route to reach there, having had to travel thru market places and the sort, but it did take me to my destination and back properly. Amazing what technology can do.
There was only one point yesterday, where the GPS system made me take a turn, which led to a dead end. Actually it was an old bridge which was shut down, since a new one had come up, but the GPS led me to the old one. But hardly a distance of around 500 meters was what I had to travel back. Still no complaints about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment