Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Games for the empty mind….

Travelling daily for 60 km to my office and back, I have a lot of free time to empty my mind. And sometimes I find the I have emptied my mind totally. Yesterday while driving I was playing a game in my head. Simple but effective enough to spend the one and a half hour on the road.
I started off with my brother in law and his siblings names. My brother in law’s name is Vinod and his siblings are Harsha and Mayur. As per the hindi meaning of the name…all are related to each other by meaning also. I started racking my head over other such names. Didnt have to go far. My brother in laws cousins are named Jyoti, Deepak and Sandhya. Again all meanings related to light. Good way of relating the kids with names also. Then I remembered a family in my building, Deepak and his wife Deepali. Their two sons are aptly named Deep and Divesh. All of them indicate lamp.
I tried to rack my head over more such family names but was not able to , I am sure there might be more. So I shifted gears to families with name starting from the same alphabet. My immediate neigbour is Jeetu, his wife is Jagruti and their son is named Jash. So they have a common ‘J’ amongst them. I remember one more family I was acquainted with….Mac and Marie Machado, and their kids Manisha and Mihir!!! Again ‘M’ as a common link between them.
Frankly these many names took me the entire route of 30 kms with this mind game.:)
Might start more mind games while travelling now…..

No comments:

Post a Comment