Thursday, June 11, 2009

Salaam Wifey!!!!!

Last week was Vatt Savitri. It is a day when Indian women, fast for their husbands wellbeing. My wife was among the many who did this fasting. She even went and did the rituals of tying the thread around a tree and everything.

Yesterday, while discussing about it, she said she was surprised 070620091883 that the tree around which the thread was tied is also supposed to be a home for spirits. The poor girl almost believed in what I told her later, ofcourse all of it fabricated, and thought at the spur of the moment. I told her spirits have direct contact with Yamraj. So you are tying the spirits to the tree in order to prevent them from coming to respective husbands. The look on her face at that time was of total belief. But then she caught on. And we both had a good laugh over it.

But all in all, what I really appreciate is even though modern, and we having so much of our differences, she still goes ahead and fasts for me for the entire day. And me….I didnt even fast on the day of our marriage!!!!!. Salaam wifey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment