Saturday, September 13, 2008

July and August

Well two months of fun and frolic...that is what I have done. Visited Amritsar, Shirdi, had lots of fun in Mumbai. Now life if getting back to normal after my brother-in-law has returned back to Dubai.

Amritsar I will always remember for its rich food and also for Golden Temple PIC_0025 and Wagah Border. The people certainly knew how to make you feel patriotic at Wagah Border. Shouting our lungs out , thinking that our neighboring country can hear us shouting VANDE MATARAM. In my 33 years of existence on this earth, I have never felt so patriotic as I felt then. The common gate of India and Pakistan, 06082008744clearly demarcated the two countries. The flags being fluttered by all, the colorful dresses of people from different states. But then all had one agenda, to shout the best for our country. However, I was surprised to see Pakistani Currency being so openly exchanged on the Dhabbas situated just outside the Border gate. It was scorching hot and we are almost bathed in sweat, but once the entire ritual of getting the flag down started, we just forgot about the heat. I have no doubt the our friends sitting on the other side of the gate were also feeling equally patriotic about their country. But I would still say BHARAT MATA KI JAI.

No comments:

Post a Comment