Monday, September 22, 2008

Google Earth

I just love going on Google Earth and checking out places I know....mainly, see how my residence building looks like etc etc. But one thing I have observed is that the images are not latest images. Infact, they are not even a week or month old. They are older than that. The most practical examples I have are one my own building, which has my car parked in the parking lot. I have disposed this car 2 years back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The second is the Bandra Worli sealink in Mumbai, which is to be inaugurated in Jan 2009 and is near completion. A marvel by itself, though it has taken so many years to build, Google Earth is still showing the bridge built only halfway.

So the next time you think that you are seeing some latest view from Google Earth, dont depend on it.

But yes, I do have to admit, that getting satellite pictures of the entire earth and giving access to a layman also for it is a very good effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment