Monday, November 10, 2008

Ghosts and spirits

My first tryst with them was way back in 1992. My brother said that we can call spirits by using a paper and a coin. My sister, my brother, and myself set upon calling the "Holy" spirit. Not trusting my brother, we asked him to keep his eyes closed. Me and my brother started calling for whatever spirits were there around us to answer back. All of a sudden the coin started moving around, and when my sister asked "Are you there", the coin just went to where we had written YES. She started crying and my grandmother, hearing the commotion came in and made us tear the paper, scolding us for believing in something like that. However since our age was one which could be termed as rebellious, we did it again and again and again.

There were times, when I wanted to believe in it and times when I felt that my brother is doing some mischief. However there were two incidences against which I dont have any rational explanation....

Having completed our meeting with one particular spirit, we sent him back. This one was always difficult to send back. Later in the night, four of us, me, my brother and two of his friends who had attended the calling of the spirit, were walking down a dark lane, wanting to go to a xerox shop. And I am not exaggerating by saying it was dark. Personally, I was feeling kind of ODD. As if someone was following us or was with us. I dont remember which one of us all of a sudden said that someone is following us, and immediately everybody agreed. My brother removed the coin used for calling the spirit, kept in on a car hood and asked "ARE U THERE". The coin shot in the upward direction. It really scared the sh@# out of us and we just threw the coin on road and moved out from there. But the feeling of someone following us was no more there.

The next issue is something which is very close to my heart. A day before proposing to a girl who today after 15 years is my wife and mother of my two kids, I had asked the spirit, what will be the reaction if I propose to her. Running all around the paper, it started spelling out....She will feel like dancing.

The next day when I did propose her, her first words were...I FEEL LIKE DANCING. Call it coincidence(which my wife is ready to support) or a truth to prove that spirits do exist, it was the last of my encounter with the dear departed. I dont remember why we stopped all of a sudden, or how we stopped, infact I have no memory of that. But I havent even given it a thought to sit back and think if spirits do exist. ODD.

No comments:

Post a Comment