Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Falling property prices and the sane mentality of the purchaser...

Daily, we are reading about the fall in the prices of property and the further expected falls. While speaking to a gentleman who stays in my building, and happens to be a doctor, I asked him about the progress of his plans to shift from rented place where he runs his dispensary to a place of his own. He informed me that he has put off the plan as of now. He explained that he had infact seen a place for 32 lacs. But now that the expected fall is to be in a range of 25-30%, he feels it is better to sit on his money and save atleast 10 lac rupees. Not a bad saving. So the old saying of cash is the king surely works for this gentleman. Saving 10 lac is not an easy thing and is certainly a big thing. He says even if I pay around 20000 rent per month, I am shelling out only 2.4 lacs. So still I save 7.6 lacs. Smart guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment