Monday, December 3, 2012

Having Daal Chawal in 5 star hotel

Spoiler Alert : Dont read this if you intend to see the movie Talaash.

I remember had taken a friend to 5 star hotel once. There he ordered for plain Daal Chawal. Well his choice….what can I say.

Yesterday while watching Talaash it brought back memories of that day. Its a brilliant movie no doubt…but frankly did it need a Aamir Khan? He is good…no doubt…but wasted…any actor could have done justice to this role. This is where Talaash falls…because you expect more from Aamir Khan. Again I would say…the movie does not fall short…but Aamir Khan…..sigh!!! It was like going to a 5 star restaurant to have Daal chawal.

Kareena Kapoor…be it her lead role in Chameli…or her Rosy in Talaash…has the perfect ooomph to carry it out. Kudos to her for the small but important role.

Fact is I did not read the reviews or the messages doing the rounds containing the so called “plot” of the movie….but 30 mins into the movie and I told my wife I see a tinge of The Sixth Sense (Bruce Willis) in this movie. I tried to shake off that feeling…but the more the movie progressed the more I was becoming sure of it…and finally it was Kareena who was a ghost….still the climax scene in the Car mirror and on the road….lifted the movie to a right high.

The dead son angle was a waste….maybe if they would have shown some connection between Kareenas case and the dead son trying to help his father..other then passing on the message to move on..it could have helped the storyline…but otherwise once again a waste.

So many times I have used the word waste in this blog, but still I came out of the cinema hall, entertained, my time well spend…without repent….the movie is worth seeing…once…because it is Brilliant, Intelligent cinema…not the usual run of the mill movies which we have been subjected to over the past few months …maybe we were tired of eating those Mughlai Vegetables in the hotel…that we preferred to have a simple Daal Chawal in a 5 star place…..could be…

No comments:

Post a Comment