Thursday, October 28, 2010

Overdose of Social Networking

Lately I find myself just staring at my social networking web page, wondering what to do. Facebook or Twitter, I am just not able to know what is to be done. People have been asking me about where are my new posts, but frankly my mind is blank.
Infact, I am even tired of all new mobile phones being more inclined towards Social networking applications. Its making me sick now. There was a time, when I could not do with Facebook or Twitter, but now I dont even log on to them for hours together, without having to worry which friend is doing what. Being updated is good…but being constantly updated…………………………………
Maybe an overdose of being on the social networking sites has killed the fun, or maybe they are really losing their charm as time is going by……….
Whatever it maybe, but I have decided today to stop my mobile live updates of both Twitter and Facebook…….maybe the previous system of checking them once in a while will be worthwhile……….

2 comments:

  1. True Jayant.. In fact, have always wondered about those people who literally live off FB / Twitter / Linked In.... etc.. Daily updates, every minute updates.. you name it.. When do you stop, and in fact becomes an infatuation.

    What was a stark reality but not realized was, you were no longer thrilled when you met your friends.. You know where they are anyways..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true....I have also observed that one tends to make a certain image of another person on the social network, but on one to one meeting its a different ball game.

    ReplyDelete