Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer vacation and native place….

In India it is quite normal for most offices to be short of staff in Summers. Most of the staff take leaves and go to their native place. This is normally an annual affair. The best part is that since they have their own homes at their native places, the only expense they have to incur is the travelling part. Infact while returning back they bring loads of goodies from there.

Unfortunately for me, my ancestors decided to land directly at Mumbai(then Bombay) from Karachi during India Pakistan Partition. Had they given a thought that in future one of their generations might want to go to a “native” place, they would have done loads of good to me. So they came directly to Mumbai, my father was born and brought up in Mumbai. To make matters worse on the “native” place issue, he got married to my mom who’s parents had also migrated to Mumbai directly from Pakistan. So starts my agony, no paternal or maternal native place.

I got married….love marriage…which doesnt see “native” places….now i realise, even my wife doesnt have one. So from my fathers generation onwards, not a single of our generation can boast of a native place, where we can compulsorily go during vacations. Had my wife’s parents been in some other city, again it would have been to my advantage, visit my inlaws once in a year. But no….no native place …no inlaws in other part of the state, or country or world. But they are also based in Mumbai since long.

Now the only option for me is to have myself adopted by some village, wherein every year, I can also say I am going to my native place, wherein like others, I can also boast of booking tickets three months prior, because it the peak season, wherein I can also enjoy my vacations without having to worry about paying exorbitant prices for the hotel room. :))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment