Thursday, October 15, 2009

Elections

Beggars cant be chosers……

Why should I care…..

My one vote does not count….

What benefit will I have…..

I have voted for the person who gave me money to build my slum…..

etc etc

The actual aim behind the elections is lost. We have forgotten that we are electing our representative. Without us the mandate is nothing. Yet we feel we have chosen the best amongst the worst…even though the person is not good enough. We have forgotten that we are the king makers. It is our vote that puts this particular person on a seat, which he later misuses against us only.

The basic funda behind choosing a representative has been lost. Initial purpose was for choosing a representative amongst us. Some who would represent us to sort our problems. Today if one goes to the representative with a problem, one has to go through a series of channels to be able to meet him. And even after that there is always a small give and take to sort out the issue. ODD. We are electing our representative and paying him to work for us.

I have seen people talk big after giving their vote…this is my first right as a citizen…i have done my duty, but unfortunately the thinking is limited to just electing. Nobody is aware of his right over the elected candidate and the elected candidate will express his submission to the people again during the next elections…..

No comments:

Post a Comment