Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lookalikes

My brother recently went on a trip to Mahabaleshwar. 4751_92687874009_601004009_2086241_3501387_n Today he showed us one of the snaps of his wife, and behind her, in the snap, is a person who looks like me!!!! I am finding it very funny actually. While discussing the same with my brother in law, he asserted that we all have lookalikes, in different parts of the world, not one or two , but many. He further explained to me that just because we are not famous we don't come to know about it.

We in India, clap our hands, and enjoy shows where lookalikes of Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachan, Shatrugan Sinha etc. We enjoy their mime. But we have never given it a thought, that there might be a few more, who have preferred to keep quite rather than benefit from the alikeness. Similarly, there might be people who might be looking like us. We sometimes, say hi to a person, and then realize, its not the same person, but looks like him or her.

So what is it that we have lookalikes? What factors come into picture? Our ancestors? Laying the seeds all over the world? Whatever it is I would surely like to meet atleast one of my lookalike in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment