Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Booooooo K

Recently saw a hoarding in Mumbai, about some school claiming to be the first in Mumbai to have iPads instead of textbooks. I scoffed at the idea, thinking this is just another one of those ultra rich stupidities.

Cut to yesterday, when I went to buy my sons school books for the new academic year.  apple_edu_ibooks_video_headingWas actually shocked to see the total amount I had to shell out for the books. The book seller was telling me that these books are still ok, one schools three books cost more than your sons all the books.

Now to think of it, seriously iPad or even a tablet will be a better option. Atleast the kids can use it for 3-4 years, ibooks can be loaded on them. Saves me money, saves paper, saves trees.

Aakaash an initiative by the Government of India failed, for whatever reasons, low cost, low production, whatever …but not a bad idea. Technology has progressed, we should also progress with it.  Maybe schools should adopt this system of iBooks.

Till then I will continue being spooked by the spiralling cost of text books. Whenever I see my sons textbooks….they seem to be scaring me by saying Booooooooooooo ….!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment