Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Smartphone – A pain in the neck

Here I am sitting and typing this with a collar belt around my neck. Bad pain since past 2 weeks. Doctor attributes it to my work hazards, I personally attribute it to my smartphone usage. Social Networking, messaging, scheduler on the phone, notes on the phone, ebooks on the phone, birthday lists on the phone, send and receive emails, for everything my head is bent staring at the screen.

While being driven around in my car, on the way to the office, on the way to my clients, on the way to my home, my head is bent, staring at my phone, doing something, and if its not any of the above, then playing a game.

Doctor says neckache is the most common complaint he gets from most of the younger generation(happy to hear that he still considers me as one of the younger generation).

Come to think of it, you see a group of youngsters around, half of them have their phones out and eyes on the screen. Exchanging music, exchanging snaps, etc etc

Even their interactions, though together in a group, is more on their phone messengers, private joke about the discussion going on…

Our life is now controlled by smartphones, gone are the days when we would know the telephone numbers of our friends in our head, gone are the days when birthdays were remembered mentally…for everything you have a smartphone, who needs to remember. You need not put up sticky notes on the office board, just type it into your smart phone…

Need dictionary, its available on the phone, need to search anything..use the phone browser, any app you need is available.

But then its affecting my health atleast for sure…a pain in the neck. Right now…I am not able to bend my head to see it…because of the belt around my neck….but still ..holding it in line of my eyes and doing my work…addiction..Sigh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment