Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ganpati Bappa

Having lived in Dadar for almost 30 years since my birth, IMG_1167 I have had the privilege of viewing the Ganeshotsav year after year, each year fascinating me more and more. Attending Ganeshotsav at my friends residence, participating in the revelry accompanied with it, going for the visarjan at the Beach behind our residence, sitting on our building terrace and viewing the sea of humanity and the Idols popping the sea was my yearly ritual. During the last days of Visarjan, when most of the bigger idols were brought for visarjan was always spend sitting at the Shivaji Park Maidan “katta” and enjoying.
After shifting to Kandivali, since my residence is not on the main road, I miss the processions, the fun. I have tried and made it a point to accompany the Visarjan of my building people, but something was lacking. I was missing my friends, my Shivaji Park. This year, by Gods blessings, we managed to keep the Idol at our residence. The atmosphere for 2 days at our residence was rightly described by my grandmothers as “a wedding atmosphere”. The stream of guests, relatives, family and friends was something which kept us charged.
My heartfelt gratitude to all who made me get that one feeling which I was missing since last 6 years. I am eagerly waiting for the next year….with the words on my lips “Pudchya Varshi Lavkar Ya”(Come early next year)

No comments:

Post a Comment