Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Modern greetings

Yesterday while discussing organization of our building function, we were discussing prizes to be given away. Gift articles, etc were being discussed. The topic diverted to greeting cards, love cards etc. At this age I was found wanting when it came to discussing the rates, though 10 years back I would have easily known how much they cost. But what surprised me more was the younger generation is also not aware of it.

The reason they gave was they are more into E-greetings nowadays. Print greetings are out of fashion now. Come to think of it, my expressions via print greetings were a long time back. Nowadays, I use emoticons on messengers, and E-greetings for even expressing love for my wife. Times are changing, and so are we.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting point and I tend to agree. I still remember being in college and how a monthly visit to Satyams was the mandate. One knew what cards were there in the market, what the prices were, where you would get better varities and for some of us, the difference in prices between town and the suburbs.

    Things have changed, we are all on E_Greetings or E_Mails or as we now do, Facebook greetings. To be quite honest, I have not walked into a greeting store for more than 3 years!! If I have not, I also did not tell my son about cards.. And so the flow goes.

    What are we going to come to next, a thought to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next is going to be limited to smses and E-greetings. It is being said that in 20 years, most children will not be able to write down more than their signatures. Most of the text will be typed. With the increase in digital signatures, even that might be difficult.
    Finally, technology is rendering us incapable.

    ReplyDelete